Wednesday, August 4, 2010

CCSVI treatment setback?

This morning a read an article in the August 4th edition of the Globe and Mail, British Columbia edition. The headline read Studies cast doubt on hotly debated MS treatment. Of course I began to read it. It states, New research from Sweden and Germany provide the first negative medical evidence on Dr. Zamboni’s theory. .. Much of the media attention has been focused on the amazing results of this treatment and how Canadians have no choice but to travel at great personal expense to receive it. I guess it's now the neurologist turn at some media coverage.

The studies were published in the Annals of Neurology. Now there’s a big surprise. The neurologists are against any evidence that would indicate the Multiple Sclerosis may be caused by anything other than a neurological condition. For the most part, the Neurological community is out to disprove Dr. Zamboni’s Hypothesis. They don’t seem to be interested in the truth. The study states that there were no unusual blockages in the veins of MS patients compared with a control group. If this control group is anything like the control group they used in the Buffalo study they may as well not used a control group at all. You see the buffalo study used family members of MS patients as their control. This makes no sense as a genetic link is probable in cases of Multiple Sclerosis.

The study in Germany involved 56 MS patients and 20 healthy patients. The Swedish study used involved 21 MS patients and 20 healthy patients. They call that Science? They accuse Zamboni's original study of being to small and contest it with 2 studies that are smaller?

We just got back from 1 single clinic in Mexico that had treated 55 MS patients where every single one had narrowing! Yes – every single one! We personally met 15 of these patients who all testified they had narrowing and were all seeing improvements in their MS symptoms. There are clinics all over the world improving the lives of MS sufferers. There is no telling if the relief will last or if it is temporary. But it has gone far beyond anything offered by neurologist and drug companies.

In Germany they used ultrasound imaging to determine whether or not there was narrowing of the veins. The Swedish study used involved 21 MS patients and 20 healthy patients and they used MRI. MRI and ultra-sound imaging is known to be inconclusive in the diagnosis of CCSVI. You can’t ultra-sound the azygos vein and the use of this technique on the jugular only helps to give an idea of what is going on. Using these imaging techniques, Azure-Dee showed no signs of narrowing at all. Yet the venogram showed her azygos vein was so twisted and restricted that a balloon angioplasty was unable to get into the narrowed area. The only true way of knowing whether or not there is narrowing is to perform a venogram. It is the gold standard. These 2 studies, performed by neurologists, used techniques that have been proven to have inconclusive results. How can you come to a conclusion based on inconclusiveness? It is either idiocy or deception.

The article can be read here.

Ricardo

5 comments:

  1. After 6 months of offering stem cell therapy in combination with the venous angioplasty liberation procedure, patients of CCSVI Clinic have reported excellent health outcomes. Ms. Kasma Gianopoulos of Athens Greece, who was diagnosed with the Relapsing/Remitting form of MS in 1997 called the combination of treatments a “cure”. “I feel I am completely cured” says Ms. Gianopoulos, “my symptoms have disappeared and I have a recovery of many functions, notably my balance and my muscle strength is all coming (back). Even after six months, I feel like there are good changes happening almost every day. Before, my biggest fear was that the changes wouldn’t (hold). I don’t even worry about having a relapse anymore. I’m looking forward to a normal life with my family. I think I would call that a miracle.”

    Other recent MS patients who have had Autologous Stem Cell Transplantation (ASCT), or stem cell therapy have posted videos and comments on YouTube. www.youtube.com/watch?v=jFQr2eqm3Cg. For more information visit http://ccsviclinic.ca/?p=838

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dr. Avneesh Gupte, the Neurosurgeon at Noble Hospital performing the procedure has been encouraged by results in Cerebral Palsy patients as well. “We are fortunate to be able to offer the treatment because not every hospital is able to perform these types of transplants. You must have the specialized medical equipment and specially trained doctors and nurses”. With regard to MS patients, “We are cautious, but nevertheless excited by what patients are telling us. Suffice to say that the few patients who have had the therapy through us are noticing recovery of neuro deficits beyond what the venous angioplasty only should account for”.

    Dr. Unmesh of Noble continues: “These are early days and certainly all evidence that the combination of liberation and stem cell therapies working together at this point is anecdotal. However I am not aware of other medical facilities in the world that offer the synthesis of both to MS patients on an approved basis and it is indeed a rare opportunity for MS patients to take advantage of a treatment that is quite possibly unique in the world”.

    Autologous stem cell transplantation is a procedure by which blood-forming stem cells are removed, and later injected back into the patient. All stem cells are taken from the patient themselves and cultured for later injection. In the case of a bone marrow transplant, the HSC are typically removed from the Pelvis through a large needle that can reach into the bone. The technique is referred to as a bone marrow harvest and is performed under a general anesthesia. The incidence of patients experiencing rejection is rare due to the donor and recipient being the same individual.This remains the only approved method of the SCT therapy. For more information visit http://ccsviclinic.ca/?p=838

    ReplyDelete
  3. While US courts conduct legal battles over the ethics of stem cell research and Big Pharma shuts down clinical trials citing ‘tighter budgets’, North Americans wait for solid proof of stem cell efficacy for many disease conditions. Health organizations such as the National Cancer Institute issue continual warnings about lack of proof for stem cell therapy. National media shows like CBSs’ 60 Minutes, paid for by their advertisers that include Big Pharma, perform razor-sharp hatchet jobs on those quack clinics doing fake stem cell therapy, but in the process paint every other clinic everywhere doing stem cell research and therapy with the same brush. For more detail visit http://ccsviclinic.ca/?p=882

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jessica Davis, diagnosed with MS in 2003, of Somerset, UK agrees: “I have my life back thanks to CCSVI Clinic and it’s the best thing I ever did for myself. They weren’t easy to find but I did my homework.” She continues: “I had to be my own advocate for both liberation therapy and the stem cells because I got no help from my own neurologist. From the day I was diagnosed, my MS was aggressive. I didn’t have much time to take action before I would get to the point where just getting out of the flat would become impossible. I was using a cane and so tired all the time. After the 12 days at CCSVI Clinic, the first thing that cleared up was the head fog and my (incontinence) and the rest has come back over the past six months. I am working again and I consider myself cured.”
    “These are typical stories for all types of neuro-degenerative diseases we are treating through CCSVI Clinic. At least with MS we are seeing significant improvement in many patients and I believe this trend of outcomes will continue” says Gupte. “We have also had some significantly positive outcomes with ALS and (cerebral) palsy. With the results we have seen in the past year, I think that the promise of stem cells is coming closer to matching the reality.”For more detail visit http://ccsviclinic.ca/?p=882

    ReplyDelete
  5. “I went to CCSVI Clinic in India without knowing what to expect” says David, “but I basically had one shot left and this was it. I was becoming pretty disabled, and I couldn’t think very clearly”. David was triaged with a clinic intake of other MS patients and had the liberation therapy on March 27, 2012. They also drew bone marrow from his hip bone in the same procedure. When he woke up from the procedure, he again felt the immediate effect of the widening of the veins. “In case anyone doesn’t believe that the liberation therapy works, I can tell them that this is much more than placebo effect.” The MS symptoms described earlier again disappeared. Four days later he had the first of the stem cell injections from the cultured cells taken from his hip bone during the liberation therapy. The first transplant was injected into the area just below his spine. Over the next 4 days he would receive about 100 million stem cells cultured in specific growth factors for differentiated effect.
    He was not quite prepared for what happened next. A few hours after the first transplant, he was taken back into his hospital room and was transferred to the hospital bed. “I’m not completely helpless when it comes to moving from a chair or a bed”, says David, “One of the things I can do for myself is to use my arms to throw my leg into a position to be able to shift the rest of my body weight over to where I’m going. But this time to my amazement, I didn’t have to pick up the dead weight of my leg and throw it. It moved on its own, exactly where my brain told it to go”. Shortly after his first stem cell transplant procedure, some motor function in his lower body had returned. “This was the first time in 10 years I had any sensation or motor function below my waste so it was quite a shock.”
    In the next month, most every motor nerve and body function has either returned or is on its way to recovery. “It’s been over a decade since I’ve had any power over my elimination functions. Now it’s all come back. I have total bladder control”. He’s also working out every day, following the physiotherapy routine given him by the clinic. “For years, I haven’t been able to work out without getting sick for a couple of days afterward. Now I have muscles popping out all over the place where I haven’t seen them since my MS became progressive…and I can work out as hard or as much as I want. With my ability to do the hard work my balance is improving each day and I’m able to take steps unassisted. I’m definitely going to be coming all the way back.”
    Dr. Av Gupte, the neurosurgeon who has now done over 2000 adult autologous stem cell transplants for various neurologic disease conditions says that the stem cells in David’s body will continue to work their healing process for the next year. “With the incredible progress I’ve seen so far, I won’t need a year”, says David. “It’s only been a little over two months and I have most everything back. I can’t wait to get up each day to check out my improvements. My right hand is completely back to normal without any numbness and the left is on its way. I have good strength in my legs now and I’m working on the balance”.
    Other MS patients treated with the combination therapy over the past 18 months have seen similar improvements but none have been as disabled as David. “If I can come back from where I was, most everyone with MS could too. For me, CCSVI Clinic has been my miracle and I can’t say enough about the doctors, researchers and staff who are helping me to recover. For me, MS was my previous diagnosis”.For more information please visit http://www.ccsviclinic.ca/?p=904

    ReplyDelete