Monday, August 2, 2010

Home Sweet Home

well, we are home after an evening layover in van. it actually worked out nicely. we got to have drinks with josh, who picked us up and have breakfast with erin who dropped us off. it was so nice to see them. our one dog welcome home committee was pretty impressive! it was like we were gone for months he was so excited to see us!
i have to say the support over this last week has been incredible! i am truly blessed with the family i was born into, the family i married into and all my friends i have collected along the way. thank you all so much. it was really nice knowing people were thinking of me, praying for me and hoping for the best for me.
now that we are home, i am looking forward to relaxing for the rest of the summer. july was so busy with holidays, calgary and bon jovi, then company and off to mexico! i have nothing planned now until labor day! i am hoping this down time allows my body to adjust to this new-found blood flow and do some healing. i hope that with this healing comes many things - maybe taking the dog for a walk, riding my bike or walking down to cosen's bay. all things i could not do without a huge struggle. maybe one day i'll get my feet back into a pair of heels! woohoo! now that would be exciting! all in all, i am stoked with the improvement i have already seen. this time last week i could not climb into my husband's truck without using my hand to lift my leg up. last night i climbed in, no problem! it's kind of weird because i don't know what i can and can't do now until i try. i got so used to using my hand to lift my leg, i had to consciously not do it to see if i could. i have to relearn my body again. when i can do it, i feel like a kid in a 'look mom! no hands!' kind of way. it's kind of funny. one thing i have truly enjoyed over the last week is holding ricardo's hand again! i has been a very long time since i could take his hand because i wanted to and not his arm because i needed to.
anyway, we are home, i am good and will continue to post updates on my progress.
xo

7 comments:

  1. Very sweet, very encouraging! We'll keep praying!
    Love,
    z

    ReplyDelete
  2. All of these things are huge to you Az, as they should be. I continue to have high hopes that things will only keep getting better & better for you. Sending positive thoughts your way.

    xoxo
    Jo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yay Azz.... we look forward to the new school year. I have been telling Josh all the new exciting things for you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. awesome, Az .... can't wait to see what the next weeks and months bring for you xoxoo

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes I can't wait to see/hear about all your improvements too. Good for you for following your instinct and being brave!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy the rest of your summer Azure-Dee!

    ReplyDelete