Saturday, July 31, 2010

Heading home

well, i'm almost packed and ricardo is squeezing the last few minutes of sun into his day! he's sitting by the pool, enjoying a cervesa and hoping for just a bit of color on that white skin of his.
i'm tired today, ms tired. i think this humidity is getting to me. before we came someone said something about the humidity here in the summer but i didn't believe them. it's the desert! (and i don't remember it being like this when we got married) anyway, it's gross! and thick! and hard to breathe! anyway, back to the hot and DRY okanagan! :)
so we went on the glass bottom boat tour yesterday... not good!! it was hot! it was humid! there was no breeze! the waves were big and the swells were bigger! i puked! :( so embarrassing but i felt better after!
last night my surgeon, dr. moguel came by the hotel for a visit! how awesome is that! ricardo and i sat in the lobby and chatted with him for about 45 minutes. you don't get that kind of one on one at home!
well i better go shower!
xo

3 comments:

  1. Sorry your boat ride wasn't as fun as you wanted it to be.... So your running on empty now.. the climax is over and now home to rest, and more rest....
    Enjoy the trip home tomorrow.... take your time and smell the roses,or stop and enjoy the veiw from a tourist stop and see what you have been missing...
    Talk soooon see you sooon.. lot of love Mom xoxox :):):)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Azure-Dee,
    My name is Mandi and I am 22 years old. I have been recently diagnosed with MS. Your story has touched my family so much. I'm so happy to hear that this procedure works. We have been thinking about this for the last couple of months just with how bad my pain has gotten and my symptoms. I also live in Vernon and will continue on following your story. I hope your trip today went well and you get home safe. Thank you for your story and we will be thinking about you.
    Mandi

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your posts, Azure-Dee and Ricardo.
    My daughter was diagnosed 2 years ago, and we're going to Cabo on August 23.
    Your posts have buoyed my wife's and my spirits, because although we're supporting our daughter's decision, we have some fears about the procedure.

    ReplyDelete