Saturday, July 24, 2010

We made it!

We are here. whew. that was a long day - at the kelowna airport by 7 and didn't get to cabo till 4... i'm pooped! we met with andres, the ccsvi coordinator. he's super nice and totally put us at ease, answering all our questions. I am scheduled to be at the hospital at 8:30am monday morning for an mri, doppler ultrasound and a neurological assessment... and then... drum roll please... the procedure!!!!!!!! :) what a good day! I wish all mondays were that good! we've already met 2 other ladies and their spouses, all arrived today and having the procedure on monday. we also met a guy who has already had it done and said he is feeling amazing!!!! i had shivers! off to dinner! xo
Azure-Dee

Ricardo here...
One of the things that I'd like to point out so far is that Andres said that they have done 46 patients to date. Every single one had a narrowing, blockage, or twisting and every single one saw improvements. That was encouraging. If this is a placebo, it's the best placebo ever. I am still quite anxious to see what the upcoming days, weeks and months will bring. It still hasn't quite sunk in for me yet.
Ricardo.

3 comments:

  1. Azyre-dee, I am thinking about you and so excited to hear about this entire life changing event you are having :)
    You are making history. I wish I could have the same kind of courage and strength that you've got. Thanks for showing me your path to treatment. You're helping me out more than you know. We both got this crappy disease and we're both going to fight it. Thankyou for taking the first step.
    Tracie

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was a long day for you I hope your resting up today.... How's the ocean? Enjoy it today...
    So great that you are getting to meet people who have had the procedure already..
    I'm sure it's overwelming but exciting at the same time....
    Thinking of you non stop ....
    Sending you my love and big hugs MOM xoxoxo

    Also sending love and hugs to Ricardo great job ... MOM xoxoxox

    ReplyDelete