Friday, July 30, 2010

Ready to come home

yup, i said it. we are ready to come home! it's weird. we came to cabo for a reason and it wasn't to drink and party and be tourists. we have done what we came for and are ready to leave. ricardo was ready to leave on wednesday. don't get us wrong, we love cabo but it's not home and we are done. besides, the humidity is gross! ;) and it's just as hot back home!
it is so amazing here. everyday at breakfast it's like a support group. everyone comes down for breakfast and we catch up on how everyone is doing and improving. it's so nice. we've met some incredible people! if you or someone you know is considering cabo for treatment, definitely stay at the marina fiesta with everyone else.
as for me, i'm a bit tired today. my back is really out so my sleep isn't as restful (another reason i want to go home!) i have not taken my muscle relaxant since we've been here and i think my walking is pretty good - much smoother. ricardo says i'm walking like a lady instead of my usual wide stance, choppy gait. i think the feeling is back in my left hand and my right hand is different, not so tingly. i shaved my legs in the shower today and didn't tip! yay!! my heat sensitivity is noticeably improved .i have to remember to celebrate the small things.
it seems everyone is showing some kind of improvement, no matter how small. it's so amazing! people using a cane instead of a wheelchair, lifting their leg up without using their arm, improved balance and sensation, improved heat tolerance. the list goes on! we have met some people that are quite disabled and still have hope. it's inspiring!
we are off for a glass bottom boat ride with another couple. i hope there's a breeze!!
xo

2 comments:

  1. so happy for you Az. I've only heard about the humidity down there in the summer never experienced it. Enjoy your boat ride, it will definitely feel cooler on the water. jo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey you two

    I'm ready for you both to be home !!!!! :))))
    Your mission is complete... awesome...
    So inspiring to hear of the other people to how they are doing and there mimi progress.. it all goes with the story...
    Sleep well you two.. you will be in Canada tomorrow... Yeah !!! I'm excited...
    Talk soon.... Love you both mom xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete