Monday, June 20, 2011

Almost time to go!

over the last while, i have been asked numerous times if i am excited about this second procedure... i am excited, of course, but i think anxious is more like it. maybe nervous, a bit stressed... i mean what if it doesn't work? or what if it does work and doesn't last again? that would be really hard! i am trying not to worry about it too much as i have no control over it. trying to keep positive thoughts!!
i spoke with one of the doctors at the clinic last week. he was looking at my scans from mexico while we were on the phone. he walked me through what he saw and what would likely happen in my procedure. my left jugular would be treated - it wasn't in mexico. my right jugular would be treated again but with a larger balloon. and the stent in my azygos vein looked to be placed in the wrong spot, possibly a little low. he figured they would have to add 2 to 3 cm of stent to my existing stent. all in all, nothing too complicated or abnormal. works for me!!
we leave for la on wednesday morning, visit with ricardo's brother and wife that night. on thursday we head to costa mesa, have a consultation at the clinic that afternoon and then friday is the big day!! we, probably ricardo, will keep the blog updated so that my mom doesn't have a heart attack from all the worrying that she is sure to be doing!!
thanks for all the love and support! i so appreciate it!!
xo

1 comment:

  1. We will be thinking of you all day Friday and sending positive thoughts your way!

    ReplyDelete