Tuesday, September 6, 2011

back to school...

well today was the first day back to school... for everyone but me. i made the decision last week to delay my return. that was a tough one! all summer i was thinking that i was going back to school as per usual, unfortunately my body did not get that message. after much thought and discussions with my husband, mom and friend, i made the decision and my doctor agreed 100%. my mom made a good point, i was only going back to work this week because school was starting, not because i was ready to go back. i have to remind myself that this doesn't mean i am not going back, i'm just not going back right now.
as you may have guessed, i have not had any amazing and great improvements after the second procedure. it's very strange and doesn't make any sense to me. if my stent/vein was blocked by about 90% and was ballooned and opened, then you would think that i would show some sort of improvement. i am seeing a new naturopath and she is recomending chelation (which i started last week) and a prescription of ldn - low dose naltraxone (which i will start tomorrow). the chelation will detoxify my system of heavy metals and the ldn is suppoed to help with muscle spasticity and fatigue. by doing this, not returning to work and starting an exercise program (yes, i am considering going to the gym!) i am hoping to improve and get back to work! a new gym has opened downtown and they have specific classes for mobility challenged people and the instructor has studied/researched ms. i just have to put down the crochet hook and go down there! (my first fair is on october 2nd at the festival of the grape in oliver. i'm starting feel a little stressed knowing how many more toques i need to make!!)
thanks for all the love and support!
xo

2 comments:

  1. Wow LDN, I have had no success with my doctor. I hope it all goes well. Way to go with being so proactive about the disease. Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Azure,

    I was hoping to get in touch with you about your blog. My wife is a cancer survivor and I was wondering if I could ask you a quick question. Do you think you could email me when you get a chance? Thanks so much.

    Cameron

    cameronvsj(at)gmail.com

    ReplyDelete